With only a couple of weeks to go we thought we’d let you know about just a few of the magical moments you can enjoy at this year’s Elderflower Fields.
1. Make Believe – Transport the kids to another world with one of our captivating storytellers. Discover the enchanting storytelling area in the woods and listen to tales from near and far. Folk tales and fairy tales, myths and legends, or take a nice little holiday with a snail and find out where they go when the sun shines.
2. Mini Beasts – Join Sussex Wildlife Trust and discover the hidden beasts around Pippingford Park. Take a nightjar walk with our experts or try and spot of orienteering with your family to find some of the hidden gems in Ashdown Forest.
3. Masquerade and Moustaches – Last year we had bears in the woods, this year we are going a little more up market. Saturday night we invite you to dress in your finest attire and join us at the cocktail bar for a martini or two. Pop in to the craft tent early evening to work on a moustache and fluff your feathers and we may even have a prize or two for the dandiest. (Bears are also welcome too)
4. Mr B The Gentleman Rhymer – A legend of chap hop, this guy is guaranteed to get everyone bopping to his cheeky little ditties. Get down to the main stage on Saturday for some of England’s finest.
5. Mouth-watering Morsels – The famous chocolate cakes are back. Don’t miss the chance to sample some of the finest local tasters at the So Sussex Sunday picnic. Join us on Dragon Fly Hill with a blanket and your smiling faces. Make some new friends, pick up a picnic, and enjoy.
6. Mud Hut Building – Get stuck in and muddy. We’ll be building a traditional mud hut over the weekend. Come and get messy!
7. Mini Musicians – Elderflower Fields is proud to work with some amazing organisations providing opportunities for kids to learn about instruments in our Youth Music Zone. Try a music master-classes with special guests or even join the BBC 10 Pieces performance on the main stage on Sunday.
8. Move the Tale – Make sure your little movers make it down to this dance and story workshop. Movement Warriors are back and this year in collaboration with Ghislaine from Twisting the Tale to bring kids these exciting new sessions.
9. Mr Marvel – Back with his mind-blowing magic, Mr Marvel will delight the little ones. Don’t miss it.
10. Maleficent – Just one of our magical family movies on show in the Elderflower Fields cinema this year.
11. Magical Memories – Elderflower Fields has provided some truly magical moments for us over the years. Some of those most memorable have been performed on our unique and intimate woodland stage. Take an adventure in to the deep and see what you discover.
12. Me Time – Take advantage of one of our brilliant prebookable sports activities for your kids while you enjoy some me time. Perhaps time for a Woodland Spa treatment or a visit to our wood fired hot tubs.
13. Making Monsters – under 6’s and their siblings can enjoy one of our Arts Camp sessions with author Leigh Hodgkinson and her new Monster Snorey Book, then make their own monsters. On Sunday we’ll be making big monster costumes too.
There’s plenty more amazing things on offer this year. We hope you enjoy discovering some of the hidden gems on your magical journey at Elderflower Fields.