The popular SO SUSSEX Family Picnic is back again!
This unique, communal “Taste of Sussex” experience will provide you, your family, old and new friends with the opportunity to sample a little selection of delicious locally sourced produce together.
The organisation of this is somewhat challenging logistically, but we are a group of food and picnic enthusiasts with a passion for local produce that are set on making this work again this year.
The picnic takes place on Sunday 28th May and is available to ticket holders, aged five years and over. The picnic bags will be handed out between 12.30 and 13.00 by the Dragonfly Hill Stage. On arrival at the festival you will be provided with a picnic wristband and each group will have to provide twelve wristbands to our wonderful picnic helpers on the Sunday in order to get their picnic bag.
To make the picnic a success again this year we do need your help, so please;
- Get into groups of twelve ticket holders, aged five and over, with picnic wristbands, so get your family together, team up with old friends or find new ones!
- Bring your picnic blankets, your drinks and any camping utensils that might come in handy – then sit down on Dragonfly Hill a bit before 12.30 on Sunday!
- Get one representative to collect the twelve wristbands and take these along to where the picnic bags and chocolate cakes are being handed out by our picnic helpers between 12.30 and 13.00!
- Break the sourdough bread, dip it in the lovely pesto, tuck into the cheeses, sample the smoked Sussex ham, spread the salmon pate … relax, enjoy the music and chat to your friends!
- Sharing, swapping and generally reducing any wastage will be thoroughly encouraged!
We appreciate it may be a little tricky for some small groups of people to find others to share the picnic with, but please do see this as a fun way of making new friends rather than a major problem. Buddy up with your campsite neighbours, or why not meet some picnic partners via our Facebook event page before you leave home?
The picnic is a great opportunity to get to know new people and share an experience together as a festival community, so please don’t panic if you really can’t find any picnic pals as we will do our best to buddy you up on the day. The feedback we receive regarding the picnic is overwhelmingly positive making this huge undertaking all worth it for the fantastic team of volunteers involved. Please embrace this delightful, if somewhat chaotic communal gathering and we are sure your will enjoy it as much as we do.
The main aim of the picnic is to introduce you to some great local food producers and enjoy a little taste of some lovely local food. It is not designed to feed the family till supper. See it as delicious starter – all our brilliant food stall holders are open all day so do pay them a visit for the rest of your lunch.
We hope you enjoy your So Sussex Sunday Taster Picnic!
The Elderflower Picnic Team
We are very pleased to announce that you will be sampling food from the following amazing local food providers: