Arriving at a festival can be stressful, especially if you’ve got excited kids after a long journey, all your camping gear and the weather isn’t on your side… This page explains what to expect when you arrive at Elderflower Fields this year, which will hopefully help you plan to make the arrival experience as smooth as possible.
1) Check where you’re going. The post code for Pippingford is TN22 3HW. There will be yellow AA signs along the A22 as you approach the entrance. Once off the road, stewards will direct you towards the parking.
2) Have your tickets ready. Either printed out, or on your phone. You will need to show them as you come into the site but please do not give them to anyone until you arrive at the ticket tent.
(Unless you have booked a specific campsite all standard ticket holders will camp in family camping)
Staying in family camping, orchard camping or boutique camping.
3) You will be shown where to park by our friendly stewards – give them a wave and a smile. Once parked up you should make your way, with your tickets, to the ticket tent, where wristbands and a few other bits will be issued. The ticket tent is a bit further down the hill, located centrally in the car park.
4) Once you are all wearing wristbands, you can head down to the campsite and get set up!
5)a) There are two ways to do this. Follow the signs and walk with your stuff. It’s less then 1 minute down hill to the first family camping area and only 5-10 minutes downhill from the ticket tent to the main family camping fields. Trolley hire is available from the car park to help with all your gear if needed.
5)b) The second way is on the Elderflower Express. At the top of the car park, about a minute walk up the hill from the ticketing tent, there will be a bus stop where you can wait and load your family and your gear onto one of our buggies who will shuttle you down to the main camping areas. Please note, that especially at peak times, there will be queues for the buggies. If there are long queues when you arrive, our advice is to walk :-)
Staying in camper van area or paddock camping.
3) Make sure you have your booking confirmation printed out and ready to show the car park stewards as you come in. They will then direct you to the Camper Van ticketing tent. There you will have your tickets scanned and be issued with a Camper Van pass and all your wristbands. Then you can drive down to the camper van or paddock area – please remember to drive slowly – 5mph max please :-)
4)a) The end of each row in the camper van field will be marked with its letter. Pitches are individually numbered and marked. Find your booked pitch and park up.
4)b) For Paddock Camping, continue to the bottom of the camper van field, you’ll be directed by stewards on to the Paddock Camping entrance. There you can find a marked pitch and park up. Pitches in Paddock Camping are not allocated, so you can park in any free space.
6) Set up camp, get settled, head off to explore the festival site and perhaps pour a well earned drink!
For more details info read our beginners guide to Elderflower Fields.